2010年1月20日水曜日

Missing Person - Episode #5

No Police!
WORDS


deadline/締め切り、最終期限/ If I don’t hand over the money by the deadline, he said he’s going to kill Sarah

geezer/変人、変わり者

pile/山/a very large pile of cash

afford/余裕/could afford her cell phone

occur/起こる/Drinking my tea and thinking about the case, the thought occurred to me that the kidnapper must know Anne and Sarah or at least know that they had a lot of money, and could get it quickly.

interrupt/話に割り込む、邪魔をする/ I interrupted

harm/害、危害を加える/list of people who might want to harm them.

prime/最も重要な
suspects/容疑者,容疑/They got the list down to two prime suspects.

employee/従業員/They gave me the names of the two ex-employees.

insist/言い張る/She insisted.

involved/込み入った/there’ll be no police involved.

1 件のコメント:

Kirk Masden さんのコメント...

Good!